Monday, December 17, 2012

Admin Kim... <- thats me!

So here I am. I have officially entered the wonderful world of blogging! My name is Kim, one of the admins here. I've stepped into this not having a clue about blogging. Staci had to go step by step with me to even enter the sight. Let's hope my writing skills are better than my site navigation skills.
Well first of all, I will introduce myself! I am a single mother. Most people I tell that to have an "oh wow, I'm sorry that must be tough" look on their faces. And you know what, it is tough, but rewarding, and I'm involving myself in this project with Staci to show all the other single moms out there that it doesn't have to be a burden! We are here to help make this transition easy, allow you to connect with other moms that have to deal with the same struggles. I have a lot of married mommy friends but there is a definite connection lost there. We are here to help relieve the stress and the stigma attached to being a single mom. Despite the so called "negatives" there is good in this, because let's face it ladies, men can be a big pain in the ass.

So here is my story... I was taking a cognitive behaviour course in Quebec and met a guy, fell hopelessly in lust (iffy on the love part) way too quickly and did the whole get pregnant get married thing. Now, I'm not here to bad mouth the father, so let's just say it wasn't meant to be. When my son was 1, I left the father. He quickly decided to move back to Quebec where he is from. I live in Toronto with my son. so you can do the math.. about a 6 or 7 hour drive. Now on my own, I decided to get my butt back in school and make a life for us. This decision brought me to Barrie where I went to Georgian college for Animal Care. After a couple of years up there, I decided to move back to Toronto. My whole family lives here and it makes things a lot easier. Oh ya... Let me tell you about my son! His name is Layton James. LJ for short... or just Layton. He will be turning the big 0 4 in January. He's a white blonde boy with big blue eyes and is in LOVE with the ladies. Beware of cleavage, because he does not have a problem diving right in. 

Now that that's out of the way, lets give a big round of applause to the delightful Staci! Without her, we wouldn't be embarking on this journey. We are all very excited to have the opportunity to help other single mothers like ourselves. 
So,  a burning question that is probably on your mind is, how do I know Staci!? It's actually a pretty great story. It was August of 2006 and we were hot, young, single and ready to mingle. We both found ourselves at the Wakestock kick off party in Toronto. I had actually gone alone in hopes to meet people to go to wake stock with and all my friends were busy that weekend. I went alone, yes, I know, who goes to a club alone.. Apparently I do. And I'm glad I did! I saw Staci there, thought I'd give it a shot and strolled right up to her. Me "hey, want to go to wake stock together?" Staci "sure"... and that's how it all began. With a weekend to remember! 
As you can see, the connection was made! Unfortunately, this weekend would be the first and last time I would see Staci for 4 years. Then one day, when I found myself husbandless and at the beginning stages of single mother hood, I received a message from Staci. She was a new mother of Ben, who at the time was almost 4 months old. And the single motherness for her was about to begin. Luckily we had each other to get through the times. And though we only had that one special weekend together, the flame never went out....
ok, I'm sorry if I'm getting all sentimental here... I'll stay on track!
It has been 3 years of us having each others backs and it's time for us to spread the love to all you lovely ladies out there. This is where life as a single mother will change! 
I'm looking forward to the adventures to come.
Thanks for putting up with my first entry...
LOVE!



1 comment: